- creative [cre-a-tive] noun
- (adjective) Relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, esp. in the production of an artistic work: “creative writing”.
- (noun) A person who is creative, esp. in a professional context.
- Any storage device that holds digital data. All data generated in a computer are digital.
- Any type of information stored in the computer, including data, voice and video.
- The news from a TV network, newspaper or magazine that is presented on a Web site or blog.
The marketing of products or services using digital channels to reach consumers. The key objective is to promote brands through various forms of digital media.
Digital marketing extends beyond internet marketing to include channels that do not require the use of the internet. It includes mobile phones (both SMS and MMS), social media marketing, display advertising, search engine marketing, and any other form of digital media.
Information technology noun
- the study or use of systems (especially computers and telecommunications) for storing, retrieving, and sending information.
“information technology consultants”
Brighton is no longer just known as a seaside resort. It has emerged as one of the UK’s fastest-growing digital destinations and is the place to be if you are looking for a job or to start your own company in the creative, digital or IT industry. Whether your passion is gaming, social media, making films, creating websites or finding bugs in software programmes there’s a job for you. There is an ever growing number of new companies starting up in Brighton and Hove and larger companies moving in. There are also many freelancers working from home and earning very good money.
We’ve interviewed just some of the Creative, Digital and IT companies in Brighton and Hove and in the following videos you can hear from:
- Cogapp – “We help organisations use digital media.”
- MintCreative – “We create memorable brands for all kinds of organisations, from simple logos to full-blown identities.” brand guardianship
- Wired Sussex – “Wired Sussex is a Brighton-based membership organisation for companies and freelancers operating in the digital, media and technology sector in Sussex, UK. We work to help our members to create, innovate and grow.”
- O&G – “We’re a Brighton & Hove creative marketing agency. From web development to social media to print advertising, we’ve got it all covered.”
- Face Media – “We are a Brighton based print broker specialising in business and promotional print delivering across the country.”
Here are some examples of jobs in this sector:
You can also watch other employers in this sector talking about employability skills with the Pathway team in Coastal West Sussex, the WOW team in the Surrey area and the Take OFF team in the Gatwick Diamond area.